In preparation for the all-new 2020 BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe, BMW Australia is announcing attractive drive-away pricing for the M240i coupe. You better get in quick though as this is the last rear-wheel drive inline six 2 Series.
The M240i is currently the flagship 2 Series model, excluding the M2 which is from M division. It’s powered by a beautiful 3.0-litre turbocharged inline six engine – pretty much identical to the engine featured in the new Toyota GR Supra – developing 250kW and 500Nm. It comes matched to an eight-speed automatic transmission as standard, with rear-wheel drive.
BMW says sprinting from 0-100km/h takes just 4.6 seconds, which is not far off the Supra’s time of 4.4 seconds. Even with this impressive level of performance, fuel consumption on the official combined cycle is rated at just 7.1L/100km.
Being a product of M Performance the M240i comes with a range of sporty enhancements over the regular 2 Series models. There’s adaptive M suspension, special M Sport brakes with multi-piston front calipers painted in blue, as well as black side mirrors and grey front grille treatment, along with 18-inch M light alloy wheels.
Buyers can also option for three different 18-inch wheel designs as part of the drive-away offer. These span from Jet Black double-spoke, Bi-colour Jet Black double-spoke, and Cerium Grey Matte double-spoke. All feature 225/40 front tyres and 245/35 rear tyres.
Inside, the drive-away offer includes the Aluminium Hexagon trim package with gloss black highlights, with Hexagon Alcantara Anthracite upholstery. A unique carbon fibre trim with Dakota leather is optional for those wanting something a little more exciting.
BMW says the M240i coupe is available to order now priced from $74,900 drive-away, with deliveries set to commence during the fourth quarter of this year. That’s a significant saving over the regular price of $79,100 (excluding on-roads). See below for the highlight standard features.
You can read out M140i manual review here for more on this engine, includes 0-100 and engine sound video
Standard feature highlights for M240i Coupe:
- M Performance TwinPower turbo six-cylinder inline petrol engine
- Produces 250kW of power and 500Nm of torque
- Accelerates from 0-100kmh in 4.6 sec
- Adaptive M suspension
- 8-speed sport automatic transmission
- Variable sport steering, servotronic speed-sensitive assistance
- M Sport brakes
- Sport seats, driver and front passenger
- Electric seat adjustment with driver side memory function
- Seat heating, driver and front passenger
- Adaptive LED headlights and high-beam Assist
- Comfort access system
- Driving Assistant with Approach Control Warning, Lane Departure Warning,Pedestrian Warning, light city braking function and Attentiveness Assistant. Includes instrument cluster with extended contents
- Kidney grille finished in Cerium Grey
- Mirror caps finished in black
- harman/kardon sound system, 12 loudspeakers
- Navigation system professional with 8.8-inch Touch Display with. iDrive Touch controller
- ConnectedDrive Services
- 20GB storage on internal hard drive
- Rear View Camera
Added features for drive-away offer:
- Double-spoke 18-inch M light alloy wheels
- Hexagon Alcantara, Anthracite/Black upholstery
- Aluminium Hexagon trim with black high-gloss highlights
- Electric glass Sunroof
- Metallic paint
- Wireless charging for smartphones