The 2019 Lexus RC F range has landed in Australia, including the all-new hardcore variant called the RC F Track Edition. They enter the market as the only naturally aspirated V8 in the class.
Various refinements and enhancements have been made to the 2019 model, including revised styling to help improve aerodynamics, particularly around the front end. Engineers have also fine-tuned the suspension and fit lighter-weight components, as well as firmed up the steering system, and there’s some adjustments to the engine compared with the outgoing model.
Thanks to the updates, Lexus says the new model offers more engaging handling and increased driver feedback, helping to increase the turn-in speed potential, with improved stability during sudden directional changes. Bushes in the steering rack are 150 per cent stronger, while a set of Michelin Sport 4S tyres join the setup to improve agility and feedback.
As for the engine, it’s a 5.0-litre naturally aspirated V8 that roars out 351kW at 7100rpm, and 530Nm between 4800rpm and 5600rpm. Although outputs are unchanged, the unit now features a machine intake manifold which is 7.0 per cent lighter than before, and there’s more intelligent intake piping to help provide a more linear response. This engine, which meets Euro 6 emissions standards, is carried across to the new RC F Track Edition.
Speaking of the Track Edition, it showcases a range of racer enhancements. For the exterior is a carbon fibre bonnet, with matching roof, front spoiler, rear wing and diffuser, and lower rocker panel. These carbon parts help to cut 65kg from the kerb weight, now standing at 1715kg. As a result, 0-100km/h comes up in a claimed 4.3 seconds, down from 4.5 seconds in the regular 2019 RC F. Both models come with launch control, which is a first for the RC F.
The Track Edition also sports a set of Brembo brakes with carbon-ceramic discs, as well as a set of BBS 19-inch lightweight wheels that help to cut unsprung mass by 25kg. A titanium exhaust system promises a more dramatic sound but also helps shave 6kg.
All models come with a very high level of luxury and standard features, including a 17-speaker Mark Levinson high-end stereo, and Lexus’s latest wide-screen media interface. Speaking about their local arrival, Lexus chief executive Scott Thompson said:
“Offering a more aggressively priced RC F and a more aggressively dynamic RC F Track Edition is an ideal twin-strategy in this performance-loving Australian market. These highly sophisticated, proudly unique normally aspirated V8-powered coupes have never been better represented than after such comprehensive upgrades.”
The new model is on sale in Australia now from the following prices (excludes on-road costs). In the case of the regular RC F, the starting price is reduced from $138,100 of the 2018 model. See further below for the standard feature highlights of each variant.
2019 Lexus RC F: $134,129
2019 Lexus RC F Track Edition: $165,690
2019 Lexus RC F highlights
- 19-inch forged alloy wheels
- Brembo steel disc brakes with black callipers
- Launch control
- Drive Mode Select with ECO, NORMAL, SPORT S, SPORT S+ and Custom mode
- Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) with NORMAL and SPORT S modes
- Vehicle Dynamic Integrated Management (VDIM) with SPORT S+ and EXPERT modes
- Torsen mechanical limited-slip differential (LSD)
- Retractable spoiler
- Auto-fold exterior mirrors with auto-dimming, heating and memory function
- High-grade LED headlights
- Smart key card
- Glass fibre cabin ornamentation
- Semi-aniline leather accented trim
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- TFT multi-function driver display
- 10.3-inch widescreen centre display with Lexus Remote Touch interface, satellite navigation with SUNA live traffic, digital radio (DAB+), voice recognition with SMS read-out, Miracast and Lexus Enform
- 17-speaker Mark Levinson audio system
- Blind-spot monitor (BSM)
- Back guide monitor
- Clearance & rear parking sonar
- Rear cross traffic alert (RCTA)
- Lexus Safety System+ (LSS+) comprising;
– Pre-collision safety system (PCSS) with pedestrian detection.
– Active cruise control (ACC).
– Lane-departure warning (LDW) with steering assist.
– Vehicle sway warning.
– Automatic high beam (AHB)
2019 Lexus RC F Track Edition highlights
- 19-inch motorsport-inspired lightweight BBS alloy wheels
- High-performance Brembo carbon-ceramic disc brakes
- Titanium exhaust
- Red carbon fibre cabin ornamentation
- Competition red Alcantara trim (replacing heated and ventilated front seats)
- Carbon fibre reinforced plastic (CFRP) package comprising;
– CFRP bonnet
– CFRP roof
– CFRP front spoiler
– CFRP fixed rear spoiler (delete retractable)
– CFRP rear diffuser
– CFRP rear-seat brace