BMW Australia has just announced initial pricing and specs for the all-new X2 SUV. The new model comes in as the small coupe-like crossover in between the X1 and X3, beneath the X4.
One variant is being offered initially, called the sDrive20i. It comes with a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol four-cylinder producing 141kW and 280Nm. This is paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic with front-wheel drive. Across the 0-100km/h sprint, the stylish crossover stops the clock in a claimed 7.7 seconds.
The new model comes extensively equipped in standard form, which should help it penetrate the popular vehicle segment and hit the ground running. Highlights include a BMW-first ‘M Sport X’ package, which is available as standard on the sDrive20i, while LED headlights with corner function, power tailgate, and a digital instrument cluster are also pack of the regular package.
Thanks to the M Sport X kit, proper M Sport sports suspension is standard, along with 19-inch M alloy wheels, a discreet M aero kit, and various blue highlights. There’s also an M Sport leather steering wheel for the driver.
For those wanting further exclusivity BMW is offering a number of option packages, ranging from the Innovations Package which adds head-up display and active cruise control, and the Comfort Package which brings in comfort access, electric front seats, and seat heating in the front. A Style Plus Package adds 20-inch wheels and a panoramic class roof. BMW Group Australia CEO, Marc Werner, spoke of the new model, saying:
“We are excited to be adding the BMW X2 to the small premium SUV segment. The X2’s dynamic stance and highly efficient turbocharged petrol engine combine with outstanding connectivity and infotainment systems to create a sporty vehicle of outstanding versatility.”
The BMW X2 will officially hit showrooms in March. See below for the starting prices, and further below for the standard highlights.
2018 BMW X2 sDrive20i – $55,900
Innovations Package – $2600
Comfort Package – $2700
Style Plus Package – $3300
BMW X2 sDrive20i standard equipment:
- 19-inch M light alloy wheels
- M Sport X Exterior Package
- M Sport suspension
- M rear spoiler
- LED headlights with cornering lights
- LED Fog Lights
- High-beam Assist
- Automatic tailgate operation
- Cloth Alcantara Anthracite with yellow contrast stitching
- M Leather steering wheel
- BMW Individual headliner in Anthracite
- Sports seats for driver and front passenger
- Interior Lights package
- Automatic air conditioning
- Rear-view mirror with anti-dazzle function
- Park distance control, front and rear
- Cruise control with braking function
- Rear view camera
- Parking Assistant
- Driving Assistant, including speed limit info, lane departure warning, Pedestrian Warning with City Brake Activation and forward collision warning
- Real-time traffic information
- Foldable second-row seats with 40:20:40 split
- Instrument panel with 5.7-inch TFT display
- Satellite navigation
- 6.5-inch colour touchscreen infotainment