The all-new 2020 BMW X6 is gearing up for its Australian arrival, and today the local arm has confirmed initial specs and prices for the large coupe SUV.
Three variants will go on sale in Australia, ranging from the xDrive30d, xDrive40i, to the top M50i. All three come with all-wheel drive and an eight-speed automatic transmission. All three also come standard with the full M Sport package.
Powering the entry 30d is a 3.0-litre turbo-diesel inline-six that produces 195kW and 620Nm. It’s able to dust off 0-100km/h in a claimed 6.5 seconds. Moving up to the 40i gets you a petrol version of similar configuration, producing 250kW and 450Nm. It’s able to cover 0-100km/h in a claimed 5.5 seconds.
At the top is the M50i monster. This comes with the new 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8 developed by M Performance. The unit belts out an impressive 390kW and 750Nm, which is enough to see off 0-100km/h in a claimed 4.3 seconds.
As revealed earlier this year, the new X6 really is all new. It’s underpinned by BMW’s latest CLAR platform, like the X5 and X3, and stands 26mm longer, 15mm wider, with a wheelbase that’s stretched 42mm for more cabin space over the predecessor. The roof height is lowered by 6mm for a more sporty look as well. Boot space grows 30L, to 580L (1530L with the rear seats folded).
In Australia, all models will come with a heap of standard features and luxuries, such as head-up display, adaptive LED headlights (at minimum), a panoramic sunroof, 2.5-zone climate control (at minimum), and BMW’s latest 12.3-inch infotainment screen with touch functionality. Speaking about the new model, Vikram Pawah, BMW Group Australia CEO, said:
“This isn’t simply a mild makeover of a vehicle rightly recognised as ‘the beast’. We have raised the bar several notches for the new, third-generation BMW X6, making it lower, wider and even more muscular than before. It combines that brawn with additional capability, versatility and the latest technology to provide customers with a highly compelling, multi-talented proposition.”
The new model will go on sale in Australia during the fourth quarter of this year. Prices start from the following (excluding on-roads). See further below for the highlight standard features.
2020 BMW X6 xDrive30d: $121,900
2020 BMW X6 xDrive40i: $124,900
2020 BMW X6 M50i: $155,900
Standard highlights for xDrive30d and xDrive40i
- 8-speed Steptronic sport transmission
- M Sport package including M Sport brakes
- xDrive system
- 20-inch M light alloy wheels (star-spoke style) bi-colour
- Leather Vernasca upholstery
- Travel & Comfort system
- Aluminium interior trim finish
- Ambient light
- Panorama glass sunroof
- Driving Assistant Professional
- Parking Assistant Plus, including surround view camera and Reversing Assistant
- Live Cockpit Professional including natural voice control, iDrive controller, touch operation on the Control Display and smartphone connectivity
- Head-up display
- HiFi Loudspeaker system
- Adaptive M suspension
- Comfort Access, incl. automatic operation of the tailgate & digital key
- Automatic air-conditioning, 2.5-zone
- Adaptive LED headlights with high-beam assistant
- Intelligent Emergency Call
- Connected Package Professional including Apple CarPlay (1-year subscription)
- Wireless smartphone charging
- DAB digital radio tuner
- Chinese language display – no-cost option
Standard highlights for M50i:
- 22-inch M light alloy wheels
- Adaptive M suspension Professional
- Integral Active Steering
- BMW LaserLight
- Leather instrument panel
- Soft-close doors
- Heated cup holder
- Lumbar support
- 4-zone climate control
- harman/kardon surround sound system
- Metallic paint