Following an international debut in January, BMW Australia has now announced pricing and lineup details for the 2017 BMW 4 Series LCI update.
Three main model variants make up the Aussie range, spanning from the 420i, 430i, to the range-topping 440i. All are available in either two-door coupe, convertible, or four-door coupe form.
Powering the entry 420i continues to be a 2.0-litre turbo four-cylinder engine producing 135kW and 270Nm. It’s able to cover 0-100km/h in 7.5 seconds, while offering an average fuel consumption of 5.8L/100km.
Stepping up to the 430i sees the same engine boosted to 185kW and 350Nm, reducing the 0-100km/h time down to 5.8 seconds. Even still, fuel economy remains unchanged from the 420i.
At the top, the 440i is powered by a 3.0-litre turbo inline six engine developing 240kW and 450Nm. It scoots off from 0-100km/h in 5.0 seconds, and offers an average consumption of 6.8L/100km.
As for the LCI model update changes, there’s new LED lighting, iDrive6 infotainment upgrade, and revised suspension for a sportier drive and more comfortable ride. There’s also enhanced equipment, including at least 19-inch alloy wheels, adaptive M suspension as standard, and head-up display.
The new model is on sale now from the following prices (excluding on-roads), with deliveries arriving in June. See further below for some of the highlight standard features.
2017 BMW 420i Coupe – $69,900
2017 BMW 420i Gran Coupe – $69,900
2017 BMW 420i Convertible – $87,900
2017 BMW 430i Coupe – $79,900
2017 BMW 430i Gran Coupe – $79,900
2017 BMW 430i Convertible – $97,900
2017 BMW 440i Coupe – $99,900
2017 BMW 440i Gran Coupe – $99,900
2017 BMW 440i Convertible – $117,900
420i standard specification includes:
– 19-inch light alloy wheels
– Eight-speed sports automatic transmission – Adaptive M Suspension
– LED Headlights
– LED fog lights
– Exterior mirrors with anti-dazzle function
– Front and rear Park Distance Control
– Navigation System Professional with iDrive6
– Head Up Display
– Dakota Leather upholstery
– Electric sports seats with memory function
– Extended smartphone connectivity
– Emergency call and TeleServices
– ConnectedDrive Services
– Remote Services
– Real-time traffic information
– DAB+ radio capability
– Lane change warning
– Driving Assistant
– Surround View
– Speed Limit Info
– Rear View Camera
– Six-speaker stereo
– Automatic tailgate (Gran Coupe)
– Wind deflector (Convertible)
– Electric folding hardtop (Convertible)
430i, in addition to 420i spec
– M Sport Package as standard equipment (Luxury Line a no-cost option)
– BMW Individual leather instrument panel (Luxury Line)
– Comfort Access
– Electric lumbar support for driver and front passenger
– Nine-speaker, 205W HiFi Loudspeaker System
440i, in addition to 430i spec
– BMW Individual leather instrument panel (for M Sport Package)
– ConnectedDrive Concierge Services
– Heated front seats
– High Beam Assist
– Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go function
– Parking Assistant
– Adaptive LED Headlights
– harman/kardon 16-speaker, 600W surround sound system
– Air Collar (Convertible)