Classic Jaguar specialist E-Type UK has just completed an exquisite project, restoring a 1974 Jaguar E-Type Series 3 to impeccable presentation.
The project involved a 3000-hour restoration of what is perhaps known as the sexiest production vehicle ever conceived. It was commissioned by an overseas customer, who wanted not only a fully restored E-Type, but also one that was customised to his exact tastes.
So, under the bonnet, the factory 5.3-litre carb-fed V12 has been expanded to 6.1 litres and features a custom downdraft fuel injection conversion with Jenvy throttle bodies. There’s also an Emerald ECU, all helping to produce 212kW at the wheels. That’s around 250kW at the engine. This is sent through a five-speed manual transmission.
It might not sound like that much power for a modern car, but for a lightweight classic car like the E-Type, it would be more than enough. As such, E-Type UK has strengthened the body to improve driving stability and created unique vents and ducting in the front end to aid cooling.
To make sure the car doesn’t fall apart when it comes to corners, there’s a fully adjustable suspension system added with sports torsion bars. A set of AP Racing brakes are also fitted, with four-piston front calipers to control the performance.
Like the exterior, the interior has been restored beautifully, incorporating a subtle mix of modern technology. There’s a bespoke leather upholstery with custom low-mounted seats based on XJS items with heating functions, Alcantara headlining, mood lighting, along with a surround sound system with Bluetooth connectivity.
Other modern touches include a start button, remote central locking, LED headlights, and power-adjustable side mirrors. As you can probably dream, this is a classic car you could happily drive to work in. See below for the highlight specs.
– Engine capacity increased from 5.3L to 6.1L
– Full custom downdraft fuel injection with Emerald ECU, Jenvy throttle bodies and bespoke wiring loom
– Bespoke air conditioning
– Aluminium radiator and header tank with silicone hoses
– Uprated self-contained alternator
– Sports power steering rack for heavier feel
– 12 Branch stainless steel exhaust with full Zirtec coating
– Aerospace-grade aluminium 5-speed gearbox
– Adjustable suspension front and rear with rebound adjust and sports torsion bars
– Front 4-pot AP Racing brakes with grooved vented disks
– One-off 62 spoke 16″ Turino wire wheels with aluminium rim and different rear for improved wheel arch clearance
– Custom specification white-wall tyres with correct speed rating
– Bespoke inner sill strengthening
– Bespoke extended welded bonnet louvres
– Additional fresh air ducting on the inside of the bonnet
– Stainless steel bumpers front and rear including overriders
– Factory hardtop improved with Dynamat and Alcantara headliner
– Seat base mounts lowered
– Bespoke complete leather interior
– Bespoke XJS based seats with heated base
– Boot lighting
– Door flood lighting
– Foot well lighting
– LED dash light illumination
– Surround sound system with iPod and Bluetooth functionality
– Electrically adjustable rear view mirrors
– Engine start button
– Piano black dash
– KM/H converted speedo and facia
– Complete cabin additional sound ending throughout
– Remote central locking
– LED headlights with integrated daytime running lights
– Complete LED bulb replacement
– Under bonnet lighting