Ford Australia has big plans for later on in the year, including the launch of the new 2015 Ford Territory and Falcon. To prepare the market, the company has announced the lineup details for the new Territory.
The 2015 Territory will come in three different trim levels, including the TX, TS, and the range-topping Titanium. All will be available in turbo-diesel and petrol forms, and the diesel will be available in rear- and all-wheel drive form across the board.
Speaking of which, the 2.7-litre turbo-diesel V6 engine and the 4.0-litre inline six petrol engine will be carried over from the current lineup. This means you’ll be able to opt for either a 140kW/440Nm diesel or the 195kW/391Nm petrol. All will come with a six-speed automatic.
All models also come with significant technology updates, including front and rear parking sensors as standard, a rear-view camera as standard on all models, and a new ‘Human Machine Interface’ in-dash system with SYNC2 technology. Yep, the new Territory will be the first model in Australia to showcase Ford’s new SYNC2 system.
The SYNC2 program includes full connectivity to Bluetooth, SD card, and USB, and offers digital DAB+ radio functionality, voice control, and full iPhone or iPod integration. There’s also Wi-Fi capability turning the vehicle into a hotspot for all devices within the cabin.
Ford has given the entire cabin a modern makeover in terms of design as well, with higher attention to detail, co-ordinated stitching, improved instrument cluster graphics, and new fabrics and leather for various models.
Prices for the new range are yet to be announced. It will go on sale in November, along side the new Falcon.
See below for the highlight features of each model variant;
2015 Ford Territory TX RWD / AWD
- 17 x 7.5-inch alloy wheels (new design)
- Body coloured bumpers, side mirrors and door handles (new)
- New front bumper design (new)
- Projector headlights
- Front fender feature
- Roof rails
- DAB+ radio (new)
- SYNC2 with Voice Control and Emergency Assistance (new)
- 8.0-inch colour touch screen (new for TX only)
- Two USB music ports Additional USB port (new)
- SD card slot (new)
- Dual antenna system (new)
- Wi-Fi capability (new)
- Four-way power adjustable driver’s seat
- Single zone automatic climate control
- Power windows and side mirrors
- Cruise control with steering wheel mounted controls
- 30 interior storage compartments
- Single CD audio system with six speakers
- iPod integration
- Bluetooth mobile phone integration
- 3.5mm auxiliary audio jack
2015 Ford Territory TS RWD / AWD
- 18 x 7.5-inch alloy wheels (new design)
- Front fog lamps (new design)
- Accent colour paint on front skid plate (new)
- Side mirrors with integrated LED turn indicators (new)
- Front mudguard feature
INTERIOR (in addition to TX)
- Rear Privacy glass (new)
- Premium audio sound system with seven speakers including amplifier and sub-woofer
- Dual zone climate control
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter
- Sunglasses holder incorporating map reading lamps
- Seven-seat capacity (3rd row seat)
- Cloth seats with leather side bolsters
2013 Ford Territory TITANIUM RWD / AWD
EXTERIOR (in addition to TS)
- Unique 18 x 7.5-inch alloy wheels (new design)
- Side running boards (new)
- Rain sensing wipers (new)
- Front fog lamps (replaces LED position lights) (new)
INTERIOR (in addition to TS)
- Leather seat trim (in dark Shadow or mid-tone Tan) (new Tan colour)
- Stainless steel scuff plats (front and rear) (new)
- Rear DVD entertainment system
- Satellite navigation with Traffic Message Channel
- Electrochromatic rear vision mirror (auto dimming)
- Six-way power adjustable driver’s seat with 3 position memory