Skoda Australia is announcing the new 2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSI petrol. It joins the current range of 77TSI and 103TDI variants as the new flagship petrol model.
The new variant comes with a 1.8-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine. It’s available with either a six-speed manual transmission or six-speed DSG dual-clutch offering.
In manual form the engine peaks at 118kW and 250Nm, while in DSG form power sits at 112kW/250Nm. Fuel consumption is rated at 8.4L/100km for the manual and 8.2L/100km for the DSG.
The Skoda Yeti is a very versatile vehicle, offering plenty of cabin space while also offering good drive dynamics thanks to its platform which is borrowed from the Volkswagen Golf. It offers cargo space ranging from 310 litres to 1665 litres, depending on how you configure the rear seats.
Thanks to a Haldex all-wheel drive system, the Yeti 112TSI provides off-road versatility as well. In most situations, 96 per cent of the engine’s power is sent to the front wheels to conserve fuel. If the on-board sensors and computers detect slip or certain differences in wheel speed from front to rear, all four wheels are hooked up in an instant.
In certain conditions, up to 90 per cent of the engine power can be sent to the rear wheels. Power is then divided up most effectively through a limited-slip rear differential. As added safety and traction, the Yeti comes with traction control and stability control as standard.
Standard features include:
- Park Assist 2 – automatic parking in spaces just 80cm longer than the vehicle
- Spitzberg 17-inch alloy wheels
- Auto lights (Coming Home/Leaving Home function, Tunnel light)
- Front foglights
- Chrome package (gearlever, gearlever frame, handbrake button)
- Radio Bolero – 2 DIN with integrated CD changer (6 CD), and MP3 integration
- Warning lights in front doors
- Underbody protection
- Dual-zone climate control air-conditioning
- Auto rain-sensing windscreen wipers
- Silver roof rails
- Height-adjustable driver and passenger seat with lumbar support
- Sunglass storage and storage compartment under passenger seat
- Cooled and illuminated front passenger glove compartment
- Lashing eyes and adjustable hooks in boot
Pricing for the 2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSI and all of the current range is as follows (excluding on-road costs):
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSI six-speed manual – $32,990
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSI six-speed DSG – $35,290
2012 Skoda Yeti 103TDI six-speed manual – $35,690
2012 Skoda Yeti 103TDI six-speed DSG – $37,990
2012 Skoda Yeti 77TSI six-speed manual – $26,290
2012 Skoda Yeti 77TSI seven-speed DSG – $28,590