Lexus Australia has launched the all-new GS F high-performance V8 sedan, coming in as the company’s new range-topping sports sedan.
As revealed late last year, the GS F uses the “2UR-GSE” 5.0-litre naturally aspirated V8 that churns out 351kW of power at 7100rpm and 530Nm of torque between 4800-5600rpm.
The engine uses a high compression ratio of 12.3:1, with a next-generation D-4S direct injection system, along with variable valve timing on intake and exhaust sides. It also gets lightweight forged conrods and titanium valves to help support high revs.
Connected up to the mighty unit is an eight-speed sports automatic transmission which can perform up-shifts in 0.3 seconds, and down-shifts in 0.2 seconds with throttle blipping. Out on the tarmac the GS F can cover 0-100km/h in just 4.6 seconds, with an electronically limited top speed of 270km/h.
Despite the excellent performance the GS F offers a respectable average fuel consumption of 11.3L/100km, and has been designed to meet strict Euro 6 emissions regulations.
Other performance highlights include 380mm front and 345mm rear brake discs with Brembo six-piston front and Brembo four-piston rear calipers, along with 19-inch forged alloy wheels with 255 front and 275 rear Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres.
Lexus is offering two main variant grades, with the base getting Alcantara seats front and rear while a high-grade model comes with leather and ventilated functions for the front. PerformanceDrive is aiming to bring you a full review of the car in the near future to cover more details.
Prices start from $148,800 for the base and from $151,700 for the high grade, making it around $20,000 more expensive than the old IS F that used a similar engine but with less power and it came with fewer on-board luxuries and technologies. Highlight standard features for both grades include the following:
– high performance V8 engine
– eight-speed transmission
– four-mode drive mode select system
– Active Sound Control system
– SACHS shock absorbers
– Sport Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM)
– Torque Vectoring Differential (TVD)
– 19-inch forged alloy wheels
– Brembo brakes with orange calipers
– LED headlamps
– etched aluminium ornamentation
– 12.3-inch high definition display screen
– 17-speaker Mark Levinson premium audio system
– three-zone climate control
– colour head up display (HUD)
– heated leather-accented steering wheel
– power rear sunshade
– smart key card
– 10 SRS airbags, and
– Lexus Safety System+ (includes Pre-Collision System (PCS), Active Cruise Control System (ACC), Lane Keeping Assist (LKA), Adaptive High-beam System (AHS)).