Mercedes-Benz has revealed the new 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML 63 AMG prior to its official 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show unveiling later this week. The new hottest version of the 2012 ML SUV features AMG’s new 5.5-litre V8 BITURBO engine, also seen in the 2012 Mercedes-Benz E 63 AMG.
Like the new E 63 AMG, the 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML 63 AMG gets the new twin-turbo engine not simply for the performance benefits, up around 11kW over the current 6.2-litre ML 63 (386kW vs 375kW), it also comes with a significantly reduced fuel consumption rating from the current 16.5L/100km to 14.7L/100km.
Of course, the main upshot to the new engine is increased performance. The 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML 63 AMG will do the 0-100km/h dash in just 4.7 seconds, improved from 5.0 seconds. It’s a truly cracking time for very large SUV. The brutal ML 63 also has a top speed limited to 250km/h, however, when equipped with AMG’s now famous ‘Performance Package’ option, which boosts power to a whopping 410kW and 758Nm, top speed is 280km/h.
Inside and out, the new 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML 63 AMG comes with all the usual AMG performance appointments, such as 20-inch or 21-inch alloy wheels, Active Body Control with AN AIRMATIC Air Suspension and Adaptive Damping System (ADS), including ACTIVE CURVE SYSTEM suspension which minimises bodyroll and enhances handling. The serious SUV also gets a decent smattering of AMG badges including blue-illuminated sills and various logo trimmings.
Other features include a seven-speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS transmission, LED lighting, an AMG bodykit with front and rear spoilers, quad tailpipes and a rear diffuser, as well as all the luxury features you’d expect in a top of the line Mercedes-Benz.
The 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML 63 AMG will go on sale in Australia later in 2012. Stay tuned for official pricing.
Check below for further equipment details:
- – AMG illuminated door sills in stainless steel
- – AMG sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
- – COMAND system with hard-drive navigation & SIRIUS real-time traffic and weather
- – 10-way power front seats with door-mounted controls plus driver and passenger memory with four-way lumbar support
- – Harman Kardon Logic 7 surround sound system
- – HD radio
- – Bluetooth audio streaming
- – USB port
- – Seven-inch display with central COMAND controller
- – 4.5-inch colour instrument cluster display
- – Power lift gate
- – Multi-color ambient lighting
- – Power sunroof with express open and close
- – Heated and active ventilated front seats
AMG Performance package adds:
- – AMG Performance steering wheel with DINAMICA grips
- – Increased output by 24kW and 58Nm
- – Red brake calipers
- – Carbon fiber engine cover