Tired of slow turbo-diesel compact SUVs? Nissan has come up with something that might be of interest to you. This is the Juke-R 2.0, featuring a monster twin-turbo engine package.
Yep, under the little bonnet is the 3.8-litre twin-turbo V6 from the Nissan GT-R Nismo. It produces an insane 441kW of power and 652Nm of torque, or enough to propel the Juke from 0-100km/h in just 3.7 seconds and on to a top speed of 257km/h.
The crazy crossover concept will make its debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend. LM P1 driver and GT Academy winner Jann Mardenborough will take the beast up the famous hill climb for everybody to see.
Under the Juke-R 2.0 is the recently-facelifted 2014-2015 Juke. On the outside though it does look a little different. Or, more specifically, more aggressive, thanks to a special aero package and lots of carbon fibre.
It gets hugely pumped out wheel arches made from carbon fibre, a chunky rear diffuser also made from carbon fibre, as well as a new front bumper bar that extends into a bespoke spoiler made from, you guessed it, carbon fibre. In fact, most of the bodykit is made from carbon to keep weight to a minimum. Gareth Dunsmore, marketing communications general manager for Nissan Europe, said,
“The JUKE-R 2.0 is a perfect ‘crossover’ of the best bits of Nissan – real innovation showcasing our crossover prowess fused with the excitement of the GT-R supercar engine.”
See below for the complete list of special features:
- Front bumper; heavily redesigned both aesthetically and functionally. The cooling apertures in the front bumper are increased in size by over 100 per cent due to increased engine cooling demand as the vehicle now runs with an uprated 600bhp engine. The bumper is manufactured from 100 per cent carbon fibre
- Rear bumper; manufactured entirely from carbon fibre, but incorporates a visual carbon diffuser. The bumper will have new exhaust cowlings; these are manufactured from high temperature carbon
- The rear winglets are now of a one piece carbon fibre design with a visual carbon finish
- The front fenders are new shape MY2015 JUKE and from standard steel
- The front and rear fender wheel arch flares are new carbon pieces blended in to the bumper and sill designs
- The side sills are a tweaked aesthetic design, manufactured from carbon fibre
- The front headlights, upper and lower, are from the new MY2015 JUKE
- The tail-lights are also from the MY2015 JUKE
- The bonnet is from the new MY2015 JUKE and has integrated bare carbon engine cooling ducts – these are slightly repositioned from the previous JUKE-R to further improve engine and turbo cooling
•The JUKE-R 2.0 uses the newer design GT-R wheels rather than the previous version
- Colour is matte black as before
- No change, other than roof lining is now black
- The GT-R engine has been uprated to 600bhp – the same output as the ultimate GT-R, the NISMO
- The headlights, tail lights and daytime running lights (DRLs) required the wiring looms of the original car to be updated to accommodate Nissan’s latest lighting technology