Mercedes-Benz has launched the new Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe in Australia. This is the all-new two-door coupe version of the very popular and very awesome Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG sedan.
Like the C 63 sedan, the Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe features an AMG 6.2-litre naturally aspirated V8 developing 336kW of power and 600Nm of torque. If that’s not enough, AMG also has the Performance pack available as an optional extra which pumps out 358kW.
Mercedes-Benz says the C 63 AMG Coupe will do 0-100km/h in 4.4 seconds and provides a top speed limited to 250km/h. With the AMG Performance pack the Coupe shaves off 0.10 seconds for the 0-100km/h sprint, doing it in 4.3 seconds.
AMG has adopted the latest SPEEDSHIFT MCT seven-speed wet-clutch automatic transmission for the C 63 AMG Coupe, the same transmission featured in the new Mercedes-Benz E 63 AMG V8 BITURBO. The transmission helps to contribute to a relatively low 12L/100km fuel consumption rating.
Other special features for the Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe include a completely revised, performance-focused suspension system consisting of three-link front and reinforced independent multi-link rear layouts providing a wider track front and rear.
For added safety and performance the C 63 AMG Coupe is fitted with internally ventilated and cross-drilled discs all round as well as a comprehensive traction and stability control system. Drivers can select between ESP ON, ESP SPORT HANDLING MODE and ESP OFF modes, as desired.
Drivers can also toggle between five different driving modes from inside the cabin, including Comfort, Sport, Sport +, M and RACE START. With the RACE START mode engaged, the C 63 AMG Coupe can power off with optimum acceleration, in launch control fashion.
Inside and out the Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe is tastefully equipped with sportscar-style features. Inside is appointed with ‘ARTICO/ DINAMICA’ trimmings including four sports seats, while the exterior exhibits a discreet yet full AMG bodykit.
AMG also provides a range of personalisation options. These include:
- * AMG five-spoke light-alloy wheels, painted in titanium grey with a high-gloss finish, with 235/40 R 18 (front) and 255/35 R 18 (rear) tyres
- AMG multi-spoke light-alloy wheels, painted in titanium grey with a high-gloss finish, with 235/35 R 19 (front) and 255/30 R 19 (rear) tyres
- AMG multi-spoke light-alloy wheels, painted in matt black with a high-gloss finish on the rim flange, with 235/35 R 19 (front) and 255/30 R 19 (rear) tyres
- AMG Exterior Carbon Fibre package
- AMG rear axle differential lock
- AMG trim elements in carbon fibre/high-gloss black piano lacquer
- AMG door sill illuminated in white using LED technology
Safety-wise, the mighty Mercedes-Benz is also decked out in plenty of standard and optional technology which is capable of helping to avoid accidents. These include:
- ABS anti-lock braking system (standard)
- Adaptive Highbeam Assist (optional)
- Active Lane Keeping Assist (optional)
- Active Blind Spot Assist (optional)
- ATTENTION ASSIST (standard)
- DISTRONIC PLUS including BAS PLUS (optional)
- Electronic Stability Program ESP® (standard)
- Headlamp Assist (standard)
- Intelligent Light Systems ILS (optional)
- PARKTRONIC including Parking Guidance (standard)
- PRE-SAFE® system (standard)
- PRE-SAFE® Brake (standard)
- Lane Keeping Assist (optional)
- Cruise control with SPEEDTRONIC variable speed limiter (standard)
- Blind Spot Assist (optional)
The new Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe is now on sale in Australia, with prices as follows (Manufacture List Price, excludes on-road costs and taxes etc.):
- C 63 AMG Saloon: $152,800
- C 63 AMG Coupé: $154,800
- C 63 AMG Estate: $154,800
- AMG Performance package: $14,900
For more information regarding this and other Mercedes-Benz and AMG vehicles, head over to the Mercedes-Benz Australia website.