Australian Mark Webber has become the second driver in 2012 to win two races in F1 after taking victory at the 2012 British Formula One Grand Prix at Silverstone.
Webber beat home the only other dual-winner, Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso, after the Spaniard led from pole and for the first 48 of the 52 laps.
The Red Bull Racing driver started on the front row alongside Alonso and the pair started on different tyres. Webber on softs, Alonso on hard. The latter left until his last stint to use the option rubber and as they started to wear on the high-speed English circuit, Webbed reeled him in and made a brilliant pass around the outside of the Ferrari.
Joining them on the podium was Webber’s teammate Sebastian Vettel who pitted early to avoid traffic and almost mimicked the Aussie’s lap times throughout the race.
Alonso’s teammate Felipe Massa had a good turn of form to finish fourth while Renault driver Kimi Raikkonen finished fifth ahead of his teammate Romain Grosjean.
Aussie Toro Rosso driver Daniel Ricciardo struggled for pace in his second British Grand Prix, finishing down in 13th.
Mid-way through the race, Sauber driver Kamui Kobayashi injured members of his pit crew after losing control coming into his pit bay.
2012 British F1 Grand Prix results:
1. Mark Webber – Red Bull Racing-Renault
2. Fernando Alonso – Ferrari +3.0 secs
3. Sebastian Vettel – Red Bull Racing-Renault +4.8 secs
4. Felipe Massa – Ferrari +9.5 secs
5. Kimi Räikkönen – Lotus-Renault +10.3 secs
6. Romain Grosjean – Lotus-Renault +17.1 secs
7. Michael Schumacher – Mercedes +29.1 secs
8. Lewis Hamilton – McLaren-Mercedes +36.4 secs
9. Bruno Senna – Williams-Renault +43.3 secs
10. Jenson Button – McLaren-Mercedes +44.4 secs
11. Kamui Kobayashi – Sauber-Ferrari +45.3 secs
12. Nico Hulkenberg – Force India-Mercedes +47.8 secs
13. Daniel Ricciardo – STR-Ferrari +51.2 secs
14. Jean-Eric Vergne – STR-Ferrari +53.3 secs
15. Nico Rosberg – Mercedes +57.3 secs
16. Pastor Maldonado – Williams-Renault +1 Lap
17. Heikki Kovalainen – Caterham-Renault +1 Lap
18. Timo Glock – Marussia-Cosworth +1 Lap
19. Charles Pic – Marussia-Cosworth +1 Lap
20. Pedro de la Rosa – HRT-Cosworth +2 Laps
21. Narain Karthikeyan – HRT-Cosworth +2 Laps
22. Sergio Perez – Sauber-Ferrari +41 Laps
23. Paul di Resta – Force India-Mercedes +50 Laps
24. Vitaly Petrov – Caterham-Renault Engine