Some revisions have been made to the Mitsubishi Triton ute for the 2017 model year update, with added technology and safety for most variants.
All 2017 model pick-up models (body tray) come with a reversing camera as standard, along with a rear step bumper bar for the GLX double cab. The GLX 4×4 variants also add new 16-inch, 245/70 all-terrain tyres for improved off-road ability.
At the upper end of the range both the GLS and Exceed receive a new 7.0-inch touch-screen interface, called Smartphone Display Audio, providing full smartphone integration for the user. The Exceed also gets an electro-chromatic rear-view mirror and heated front seats.
Meanwhile the GLX gains the 6.1-inch touch-screen unit previously fitted to the GLS, along with a new key fob. A new space cab chassis version of the GLX automatic has been added to the range as well.
Across the range Mitsubishi Australia has added speed-sensing auto door locking, and a driver’s seatback pocket for the space and double cab models. Tony Principe, Mitsubishi Australia executive director, said:
“We’ve upgraded every model in the 2017 range to enhance Triton’s appeal with smartphone connectivity on GLS and Exceed, upgraded audio on GLX and auto air-conditioning on our value-leading GLX+.”
The 2017 officially arrives in dealerships around the country from December 13. Key highlights are as follows, with starting prices further below (excluding on-roads):
2017 TRITON KEY CHANGES
- Speed sensing auto door lock
- Crash detection door unlocking
- Driver’s seat back pocket (Club and Double Cab models)
- New variant: Club Cab Chassis with automatic transmission
- Reversing camera (Double Cab Pick Up models)
- Rear step bumper
- 245/70R16 111S RF All-Terrain tyres (4×4 models)
- AM/FM CD display audio with 6.1-inch colour touch screen
- New shape key fob
GLX+ (in addition to GLX changes):
- New variant: Club Cab Pick Up with automatic transmission
- Auto air-conditioning
- Piano black instrument panel trim
- Bright chrome interior door handles
- Standard suspension
- Smartphone link Display Audio (SDA) with 2 USB outlets and HDMI port
- Dark chrome front grille and headlamp garnish
- Platform-style sidesteps
- 4-spoke leather steering wheel design
- Improved instrument cluster graphics
Exceed (in addition to GLS changes):
- Electro chromatic rear view mirror
- Heated front seats