Ford Australia has launched the tough new 2012 Ford Range Wildtrack ute. It’s the last variant to be launched in the new rough and ready range, featuring added equipment, and aggressive exterior styling.
There’s now 21 different variants of the 2012 Ranger on the market, with the Wildtrack being the new flagship. Inside comes with standard features such as satellite navigation system with a five-inch display, a rear-view camera, leather-accented trim with cloth sections ‘inspired by sportswear’, and a USB/iPod compatible stereo.
On the outside, the manly Wildtrack comes with a two-tone colour scheme with darkened side mirrors, door handles and front fascia, 18-inch alloy wheels, a roof rack, and an aero sports bar in the back. The Wildtrack also comes in a range of interesting exterior colours, including a new Chilli Orange, Cool White, Black Mica, Metropolitan Grey, and Highlight Silver.
Power for the Wildtrack comes from a 3.2-litre turbo-diesel five-cylinder engine producing 147kW and 470Nm. The engine uses a variable geometry turbocharger, and offers a combined cycle fuel economy rating of 9.4L/100km. Ford says the engine has been developed under stringent testing conditions, including at 400 metres below and 4500 metres above sea level.
Some of the standard features for the 2012 Ford Ranger Wildtrack include:
- 3.2-litre TDCi diesel
- Six-speed manual transmission (with optional 6-speed automatic transmission)
- Towing capacity of 3,350 kg
- Payload of up to one tonne
- 800mm water wading ability
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Five-inch multi-function colour screen
- Satellite navigation
- Rear view camera with rear view mirror image display
- Rear parking sensors
- Dual zone electronic climate control with voice activation
- Bluetooth with voice control
- Voice control system that allows you to control: Bluetooth, radio, CD player, external device (USB/iPod), and climate control
- Locking rear differential
- Eight-way power leather trim seats with heated front seats
- Unique colour and trim accents
- Roof rails
- Bedliner with additional 12-volt auxiliary power outlet
- Privacy glass
- Foglights and auto headlamps
- Cooled centre console
- Rain sensing wipers
- Driver and front passenger beltminder
Prices for the 2012 Ford Ranger Wildtrack six-speed manual start at $57,390, and $59,390 for the six-speed automatic.